Where I go to clear my mind

Where I go to clear my mind
Eagle Creek Reservoir at Sunset

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Insight, it only comes when you least expect it.

Today, I had the pleasure of hearing the Indiana University Women's Basketball coach speak at my sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. The coach, Felisha Legette-Jack, is an awesome speaker with a captivating and inspiring personal story that brought her to her position with IU athletics today. History aside, her words were incredibly wise and moving. So, I logically thought I would share my two favorites with you.

"Choice not chance determines your destiny." -- This could not be truer. Especially for me during this time in my life when I'm making educational decisions, career choices, financial decisions, internship choices, etc.Think about it. This quote applies to everything. Your choices indicate the path your choose in life. Your life has very little to do with chance.

Only surround yourself with great people. People that make you feel great! Always put yourself in the position to be great."-- this is the second great quote I took from Coach Jack's talk. This quote is exactly what my parents consistently told me as a child/when I lived at home. While this advice seemed ridiculous coming from my parents, it makes much more of an impact coming from a renowned coach. I agree with her, and my parents (I admit it!). You are who you surround yourself with.

That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment